Pages

Thursday 28 February 2019

The Catherine Howard Conspiracy (The Marquess House Trilogy #1)The Catherine Howard Conspiracy by Alexandra Walsh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

London 1539 and Catherine Howard has arrived at court to be a maid of honour to Anne of Cleves. Unfortunately for her she catches the eye of Henry VIII and her fate has been sealed.
Modern day and Dr Perdita Rivers is on a dig when she is informed of the death of her estranged grandmother, an esteemed history author.
Two stories, one of Catherine Howard's life and a what if, and one of Perdita and what she discovers of Catherine's life.
I found the historical story much more interesting probably because I have an interest in history, and I couldn't take to the character of Perdita.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment