Pages

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Nine Lessons: A Josephine Tey MysteryNine Lessons: A Josephine Tey Mystery by Nicola Upson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

1937 and a series of rapes in Cambridge is being investigated. DCI Archie Penrose (who really is the main character of this book) is also in Cambridge following upleads found at the site of the murder of Dr Stephen Laxborough, who's body was found in London. And as Cambridge is where Josephine Tey and her lover have decided to live, (I have obviously missed some pertinent details about this fictional Miss Tey's life by not reading a few books in the series), Tey is able to assist Penrose when asked.
Took a while for my interest to become engaged in this book, it just about kept my interest until the end. Unfortunately I find the character of Penrose to be of more interest that Tey's which will probably be the only reason I will go back and read some of the missing series.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment