Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2018

The Duke's Agent (Raif Jarrett Regency Mysteries #1)The Duke's Agent by Rebecca Jenkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Captain Frederick Raif Jarrett has returned from war and while recuperating from an injury he has taken the task of an agent to the Duke of Penrith. He is on his way to Woolbridge to investigate the death of the Duke's steward and possible pilfering of funds. But he becomes intangled in the death of a young female.
I really enjoyed this mystery, a well-written one, slowly starting but which increased its pace as the story continued. With a good selection of characters portrayed.
Overall a good solid start to what I presume is to be a series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from Sapere. All thoughts and opinions are my own

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment