Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2019

Death and the Harlot: A Lizzie Hardwicke NovelDeath and the Harlot: A Lizzie Hardwicke Novel by Georgina Clarke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

1759 and in Soho, London Lizzie Hardwicke at the age of 19 has been forced to work as a prostitute in the house of Mrs Sarah Farley. Until one evenng a former client is found dead and Lizzie becomes a suspect. To stop the suspicion, she hopes, she suggests she can help, as her resources would be wider and more likely to talk to her than to the Bow Street Runners.
I enjoyed this well-written mystery, and liked the characters on the whole. I hope that future books will have more of the participation of the Runners in the story. A very good solid start to what I hope is a new series.
A NetGalley Books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment