Pages

Sunday 25 September 2016

The Cavalier of the Apocalypse (Aristide Ravel Mysteries Book 1)The Cavalier of the Apocalypse by Susanne Alleyn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In this prequel, the year is 1785 and Aristide Ravel helps put out a fire in a church where he meets Inspector Brasseur, an ex-neighbour of his. A few months later when Brasseur finds a body he 'invites' Ravel to view the body suspecting he might be the murderer (because of Ravel's subversive writings). Unlike other police Brasseur is convinced that he is innocent. So Ravel becomes a sub-Inspector and investigates with the Inspector to clear his name.
I enjoyed the mystery, and the style of writing which was very easy to read, and I like the portrayal of the characeters. This was my first book in the series that I have read but I will be looking to read the others.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment