Pages

Sunday 16 October 2016

The Curse Of The Diogenes Club (Watson & The Countess #8)The Curse Of The Diogenes Club by Anna Lord
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although this is book 8 in the series, it is the first that I have read. It is London 1899 and we start with the death of Princess Paraskovia, who has been separated from her husband the Russian ambassador. But later at a New Year’s Eve ball, there is an attempt on Mycroft Holmes' life, which he later admits is not the first attempt. Are these events related.
In this book I was introduced to Colonel Moriarty (brother to the Professor) and to Mycroft's ADC Nash.
I enjoyed the mystery in the book, and I liked both Moriarty and Nash's characters and hope they appear in other books in the series, not sure yet about the Countess.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment