Pages

Saturday 1 July 2017

A Dangerous Seduction (Bow Street Brides, #1)A Dangerous Seduction by Jillian Eaton
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When Lady Scarlett Sherwood's husband is found dead, Captain of the Bow Street Runners Owen Steel believes she is the guilty party. But they have shared a past that blinds him.
It was an enjoyable enough story but would have preferred much more mystery and less of the romance.
Several things did distract from the story for me, as far as accuracy is concerned, which is why I didn't give it 3 stars - in this time period divorces were expensive and a long protracted process, not started and finished within a couple of months. I can't imagine there is any place in Surrey which was a four day carriage ride from London. Hampshire is not to the east of Surrey, and in England there is a ground floor beneath the first floor.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment