Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2018

A Companion For Miss Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice VariationA Companion For Miss Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation by Ellen Carstairs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Bennet parents have died and Collins is expected soon for his first visit to Longbourn. Meanwhile the Phillips take up guardian duties and soon Mrs Phillips expresses her desire of Jane and Collins to marry. Elizabeth takes it upon herself to try and acquire employment to save Jane. Of course we have Darcy in his "I will misrepresent what I have seen, give no time for an explanation because I am always right" mode. But there will be a happy ending.
There are several errors that should have been picked up by a proof-reader but I am concerned that there doesn't seem to be a period of mourning for the Bennet daughters.
But overall an enjoyable read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment