Pages

Thursday 2 May 2019

Woman Who Spoke to Spirits (A World’s End Bureau Victorian Mystery Book 1)Woman Who Spoke to Spirits by Alys Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

London 1880 and Lily Raynor has recently employed a clerical assistant, Feliz Wilbraham, in her investigative firm, The World's End Bureau. While out working on another case for Lord Berwick, Felix is mistaken for L Raynor, and accounts clerk Ernest Stibbins details the threat to his wife, Albertina. Meanwhile several woman seem to have disppeared south of the river but nobody really cares considering their employment.
I admit not being a fan of stories written in the present tense, but I found it less of a distraction the more I read. It certainly didn't take long to settle into this well-written story. It certainly helps that the two main characters are likeable, each with a history. A very enjoyable mystery, and a very good start to a new series.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment