Pages

Monday 16 September 2019

The Silent DeadThe Silent Dead by Keith Nixon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The mummified body of a baby is found at the home of ex-foster carer Andrea Ogilvy - recently deceased. It was discovered by her children - Polly Draper and Philip Ogilvy - as they were clearing out the house. DI Solomon Gray investigates, but is it an accident or murder. He also gets drawn into the case of the teenage boys who have been deliberately attacked by a dog. What is the possible motive for the seemingly random attacks. Meanwhile he is trying to deal with his personal problems at home and work
An interesting and well-written story which I really enjoyed, and a standalone book as far as that is concerned. Though I would have like a bit more background detail concerning Gray’s personal life to put that part in context. I will just have to go back and read the missing books.
Received an ARC from the author

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment