Pages

Monday 30 March 2020

Death of an American Beauty: A Novel (A Jane Prescott Novel Book 3)Death of an American Beauty: A Novel by Mariah Fredericks
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1913. Lady's maid Jane Prescott is on holiday and aims to spend it with her uncle, the Reverand Tewin Prescott, at his women's refuge. But her selfish and self-centred employer Mrs Louise Tyler needs her help is making costumes for a pageant. Meanwhile one of the women at the refuge is murdered and the Reverand is suspected. So Jane decides to investiagte.
For me there was too much time spent on the social and historical background and not enough on the mystery. Though well-written is was just not interesting enough for me which is unfortunate as I enjoyed the previous two books in the series
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment