Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

The Mitford Murders (Mitford Murders #1)The Mitford Murders by Jessica Fellowes
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1919, and Louisa Cannon by a stroke of luck is employed as a nursery maid in the Mitford household at Asthall Manor. But on the same train that Louisa had been travelling previously that day, Florence Nightingale Shore, is killed. Louisa, Nancy Mitford with Sergeant Guy Sullivan seem determined to find the murderer.
I didn't really get an connection to the characters, I didn't really find them interesting enough. I have no idea if the Mitfords have been protrayed accurately (they were not the reason for reading the book) I was more interested in reading a murder mystery story. With that in mind and that I didn't particularly like the writing style, it was an just about interesting enough to get me to the end of the book.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment