Pages

Wednesday 31 January 2018

The Woman in the Water (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #0)The Woman in the Water by Charles Finch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

1850 and Charles Lenox no tlong finished at university is finding it difficult to get cases as a private investigator. How can he prove himself to his friends and Scotland Yard. A letter published in a newspaper which the author claims to have committed the perfect crime would seem to be the answer.
This is a prequel to the series as Lenox is only 23 years old, and it is my first read of these stories. It was an interesting mystery, and I am sure that the characters developed as the series continued. I did at times find the writing style a bit awkward to read. But I expect I will be familiar with it by the next book.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment