Pages

Thursday 20 September 2018

Dark Queen RisingDark Queen Rising by Paul Doherty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This new series starts with the Battle of Tewkesbury during the War of the Roses, and the machinations of Margaret Beaufort with her two henchman Reginald Bray and Christopher Urswick. In which Urswick is instructed by George of Clarence to find the guilty party in the deaths of four of his retainers
Unfortunately this first 60% of the book was historical fiction. (When I have wanted to read about this time period I have read history books.) So the first half was a struggle to get through, and then the mystery occurred. Basically a locked room scenario. Then the story became more interesting as did the characters. If this series develops as a mystery series (which is what the book was described as) then I could be tempted to read more.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment