Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Death of an Old Girl (Pollard & Toye Investigations Book 1)Death of an Old Girl by Elizabeth Lemarchand
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At the annual festival at Meldon School for girls how does a person get killed without witnesses and without the prerequisite time. What could be the possible motive to kill old Meldon girl Beatrice Baynes. Chief Detective Inspector Pollard and Detective Sergeant Toye are send from Scotland Yard to find the answer.
This is the first book (published in 1967) of this police procedural series.
I enjoyed this somewhat slow paced old-fashioned story, with its lack of reliance on modern forensics. So it becomes a matter of discerning the liars with opportunity and motive.
I look forward to the next in the series to see how the main characters develop
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment