Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2019

A Spice of Madness (The Inspector Lazarus Mysteries #2)A Spice of Madness by Suzanne Downes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is now 1864 and Constance and Danby Lazarus have been married awhile. Constance feeling lonely tries to contact an old childhood friend, Elspeth, now herself married, to a Clement Foxcroft, and a mother. But problems arise and Constance needs Lazarus' help. But he has his own problems, and crimes to solve, at work.
At times I did want Constance to be more sensible, and for the gentlemen to be more beliving in the statements of the ladies, and this did make it frustrating at times though I suppose reflected the Victorian times.
But overall I enjoyed this well-written mystery and liked the main characters, and the rest of the characters seemed to be believable

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment