Pages

Monday 22 July 2019

Match for Mary Bennet: Can a serious young lady ever find her way to love?Match for Mary Bennet: Can a serious young lady ever find her way to love? by Eucharista Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Pride and Prejudice sequel which concentrates on Mary Bennet, though the lives of other Bennets are included. I admit that Mary, with the Colonel, are my two favourite characters. This story is where Mary learns of her mistakes concerning her family and spends her time mainly with her two older sisters at their estates. I enjoyed reading about these, and the new characters added to the story. I found the style of writing very easy to read.
This is a re-read of the book and on the whole I enjoyed the story again. Was there anything I didn't like - the sub-plot concerning the Colonel and who he married. I always hope that he and Mary will marry. But also at times the religious overtones, which is probably not surprising as it is written by a Franciscan nun.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment