Pages

Monday 16 April 2018

Murder on the Flying Scotsman (Daisy Dalrymple, #4)Murder on the Flying Scotsman by Carola Dunn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Daisy Dalrymple is travelling on the Flying Scotsman in 1923 when the daughter of her friend Detective Chief Inspector Alec Fletcher, shows herself to be a stowaway. On the train are the summoned relations of the dying Alistair McGowan, all fortuitously in the first class carriage with Daisy. The daughter, Belinda later discovers a body. It is left to D.C.I. Fletcher and his team with the help of Daisy to determine the guilty party from a cast of mainly unlikeable characters. Unfortunately all the suspects were introduced fairly quickly though not too clearly, and I felt the murderer was fairly obvious.
Still an enjoyable read, my first of this series, which can easily be read as a standalone novel.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment