Pages

Saturday 11 August 2018

Murder in the Oval Library (Lincoln's White House Mystery #2)Murder in the Oval Library by C.M. Gleason
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

1861 and the Civil war has just started. While the opposing army is less than a mile away, all of Washington waits to see the outcome. But the plans of Adam Speed Quinn are interrupted when a body of a Frontier Guard is discovered in the Oval Library. President Lincoln requests that he investigate. Although wishing otherwise for their safety only, he gets help from journalist Sophie Gates, Dr. George Hilton and Southern female Constance Lemagne.
An interesting and well-plotted, well-written mystery which kept my attention throughout. And the characters are well-drawn and mostly likeable, though I am not too sure about Constance.
Although this is the second in the series it can certanly be read as a standalone story and I look forward to the next in the series.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment