Pages

Saturday 18 June 2016

The Doctor of Broad Street: a Victorian tale of murder and mysteryThe Doctor of Broad Street: a Victorian tale of murder and mystery by Katherine Tansley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this easy to read story of the real Dr. Snow and his investigations into the cause of the cholera outbreak in London in 1854. There is also the story involving Dr. Frank Roberts, who works in Soho, as he is called in to perform a post-mortem on a body found in a cesspit. What is the mystery behind this body and is there any connection to the extended Bates family.
I liked the characters and I was surprised that this was a first novel as the dialogue read true, something that a quite a few writers do get totally wrong.
A NetGalley book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment