Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2021

From A Surgeon's DiaryFrom A Surgeon's Diary by R. Austin Freeman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The advenures of locum doctor - Dr Wilkinson
1. The Adventure at Heath Crest - Dr Wilkinson, a locum to Dr Walland is sent to Heath Crest because of the illness of Mr Fahbwerker. But he becomes suspicious when he dies.
2. How I acted for and Invalid Doctor - The doctor is working as a locum to Dr. Ringmer who is currently ill. But there have been a spate of burglaries in the area
3. How I attended a Nervous Patient - While working as a lucum the doctor attends a very nervouse patient - Mr Valori, a schoolmaster. But who is Mr Smithson, who says he is an artist.
4. How I met a Very Ignorant Practitioner - On being a locum to a Dr. Ikin,Wilkinson is surprised by his lack of medical knowledge, but is happy to meet Ikin’s sister who have been trying to see him for the past two years.
5. How I cured a Hopeless paralytic - While working as a locum at Roughout, New Forest, the doctor investigates an injury due to an ex-labourer but strangely one of a group of poisoning.
6. How I helped to lay a ghost - There seems to be a ghost resident in a bank after a bank worker was atacked.
An enjoyable set of short stories

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment